I still feel a little bit like I've been run over by a truck, but probably a smaller truck than yesterday - maybe a Holden Ute rather than yesterday's Kenworth. So it's "Random Stuff Friday" again.
1. My copy of Interweave Knits Weekend arrived today (thanks Kelly and the team at Tangled Yarns). Well, actually it arrived yesterday but since I wasn't at work, it was sitting patiently on my desk this morning, beautifully wrapped. I want to cast on for the Gooseberry Cardigan, Dax's Jacket, the Hero Pullover and the Whirligig Shrug RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE. I think I have impulse control issues.......
2. While we're still on the topic of enabling, my new 2010 Cotton shade card and sales ad arrived from Bendigo Woollen Mills. Any ideas for where I can store more yarn?
3. We're having a "best dressed" competition along with our Melbourne Cup lunch at work next Tuesday so I made a fascinator and necklace to go along with my pretty pink dress.
4. The first component I need for my costume for the party arrived in the mail from Mum and Dad. It's an old flying suit. No, I'm not going as a fighter pilot, the suit will get considerable alterations before it's ready. Anyone want to hazard a guess?
5. In the parcel from Mum and Dad was a really cool article from their local paper about my Grandma and Grandad, who have recently celebrated their 68th wedding anniversary. They are two of the absolute coolest people in the whole universe and I love them to smithereens. I used to see them every 1-2 weeks when I lived in Sydney and I really really miss them, now that I live 1000km away.
6. I got the left side of the front finished on Dad's alpaca vest today. I'm hoping to get the other side finished tomorrow.