Thursday, November 12, 2009

Wanna be starting something

I've been feeling really tired and a bit down for a few weeks. I haven't really felt like doing much of anything, including knitting. Strangely, despite the fact that my attention span isn't long enough for anything complex, the monotonous nature of the projects I have on the needles at the moment, rather than being soothing and relaxing, is making me anxious to start something new and exciting. I think it's only the fact that the Cascade Eco Wool I got on the weekend is in huge hanks which will be a little bit fiddly to wind into balls that has stopped me from casting on for Owls.

I'm trying to wait until my Bendy haul arrives, when I will begin the Chicknits Eyelet Cardi. I'm going to do it with short sleeves. Either that or the Shawl Collar Vest. I think I'll wait to see which yarn calls to me the most.

The costume party I mentioned a couple of weeks ago is tomorrow night, and I'm sitting here at the moment with semi-permanent hair dye on my hair. I'm going as Kaylee Frye from Firefly, and Kaylee has brown hair. Mine is mostly blonde, so to do it right, I needed to dye my hair or hire/buy a wig. Since I don't have a problem with dyeing my hair, and the dye only cost $4.99, that was the easy option. I'll try and get some photos of me in the costume tomorrow.

And now, because this post has turned out about as inspiring as I feel, here are a couple of photos to at least give some colour. These are from my first go at playing with my newish Nikon D90, all taken in the front yard. 


 
 

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! I especially like the one on the top of the clovers....and of course of the handsome young man on the bottom. I really need to work on my photo taking skills. Do you find that your newish camera makes a difference?

    ReplyDelete