Sunday, November 15, 2009

Shiny

I've finished the knitting on two of the bags I am making for gifts. I still have to felt the bags and add some needle-felted embellishments.



Also, here is a photo of my Kaylee Frye (from Firefly and Serenity) costume from the Friday the 13th birthday party on Friday night. It's a little bit blurry but it gives a bit of an idea. I couldn't get good boots cheaply, so just wore my walking shoes. I died my hair brown to go along with it, it's a bit shorter than Kaylee's but it was cheaper than a wig, and I think it did the job.A few people recognised who I was attempting to be, which was good. There were some amazing costumes - Death and Dream from Neil Gaiman's Sandman graphic novels, Velma from Scooby Doo, a really cool witch, Medusa, two people who had been run over and buried in shallow graves, a librarian, a nun, a gangster, assorted ghouls and a very cool Ms Marvel. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera, so I can't share.




I hope my Bendigo Woollen Mills order turns up soon. I really want to start knitting something new!

2 comments:

  1. Are you kidding, I'd have been hard pressed to have found 4 people who didn't know who you were.

    Miss Vicki :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I found you through ravelry. Those bags look like they are going to make great christmas presents! I'm envious of whoever is going to receive them! Take care!

    ReplyDelete