Thursday, September 10, 2009

Speedy Knitting Update

Lots of knitting going on here - not enough to get some stuff finished by the time I wanted it, but I can live with that.

Finished - One Cable Cardy - Long Line Cardigan in style B from Cleckheaton book 950, Bendigo Classic 8 ply in Pampas. Only crap photos with the cardy being modelled by the kitchen stool or the couch, sorry. I'll blog more about the experience of this project later when I have more thinking time. I didn't really like working with this yarn but the result is quite good. I wore this to work and two separate people told me it looked just like a bought one, so I'll take that as a compliment.

(Click to embiggen all these photos - they look a bit better bigger. They were all taken in artifical light with flash on my poorest quality camera so they're not good pics, sorry!)

 
February Lady Sweater - tried magic loop and 2 circs for the sleeves but just ended up getting lots of loose ladders so I ended up buying 30cm Addi Turbos. Boy do I miss the sharp points on my Knit Picks Harmony needles. 
 
I decided to finish off the Ribbon-tied wool vest from Simple Knits for Cherished Babies for the soon-to-be-born baby of a workmate. Front and back and one sleeve one, almost done on the second sleeve. (Bendigo Luxury 4 ply in Oceania)
 
And, as someone close to me has just revealed that they are expecting, I've started another Little Petal in Bendigo Luxury 8 ply in Ruby so that I can have a pretty little girl offering in case that suits whichever little munchkin turns up. Plenty of time to make a boyish offering later to cover that eventuality!

[edited to fix silly spelling mistakes - I originally indicated that I tried magic look for the FLS sleeves instead of magic loop. But that's an idea - there are times when I wish I could finish a sleeve just by looking at it!]

No comments:

Post a Comment