Sunday, September 6, 2009

On second thought, I don't really want to know.

I had my colonoscopy on Friday. The prep turned out to be unpleasant but not too bad - certainly not as bad as the last time. On Friday the whole process seemed to go quite smoothly, and the twilight sedation was just as good as I remembered - one moment I was chatting to the anaesthetist, the next, waking up in recovery.
I tried to knit while I waited for the Man to pick me up but the canula that was still in the crook of my elbow meant I couldn't bend my left arm, which made it kind of tricky.
I went into it knowing that it was all routine. I knew what the results would be. I'm feeling the best I have in years, so there's no way anything could be wrong. Which is probably why the actual results knocked me for six. When the Man came to get me, they took my blood pressure, removed the canula and handed me a few bits of paper... Post-procedure instructions, a slip from the Doc which read
1 polyp!
Crohns @ ileum
And to top it all off a rather revolting photo of my ulcer.

I don't know what to make of it. I don't know when I'm going to be able to see the Doc to discuss it, and while I know I should reserve judgement until I chat to him, it's really hard not to be a little bit scared.

So I'm feeling a bit strung out at the moment. Still, I'm continuing to feel well, so that's got to count for something.....

No comments:

Post a Comment