Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A few of my favourite things

I've been doing a lot of knitting lately but either I've been too busy or it's been too dark to take decent photos so there's nothing much to show. I'm working on a lot of baby things at the moment - finishing off a Little Petal like this one, only in red, and working on a wool vest and a couple of Felix's Cardigans for babies of work colleagues.

I'm going to try and make it to Stitch and Bitch tonight, and will make more of an effort to actually find the group at the cafe this time.

I work with a woman whose family runs a rose farm, and she brings in roses to buy for an amazingly low price every week or so. I buy a lot of them. The first roses of the season were available yesterday and I have a gorgeous bunch of Mr Lincolns on my desk in front of me. They smell divine. Mr Lincoln roses are truly one of my favourite things.

Here's a list of a few others

 - well-worn flannelette pyjamas.
 - L'Occitane Lavender hand cream
 - T2 Gorgeous Geisha tea
 - Strawberries
 - Black Ballet Flat shoes
 - Fountain pens with fine nibs and bottled ink (I like Lamy and Noodlers inks but I haven't tried many brands)
 - Moleskine A5 notebooks and Clairefontaine basics- I'd really love one with the Moleskine cover and Clairefontaine paper...but for now I'll just use the Moleskine in my handbag where it gets knocked around and a Clairefontaine in my knitting bag where it's a bit more protected.
 - Doctor Who, particularly as interpreted by David Tennant
 - The sound of running water - in a stream or waterfall, not where someone's left the tap on
 - Soaking in a nice warm bath with candles. (We don't have a bathtub in our house!!!!!)
 - Neverwhere and Snow, Glass, Apples, both by Neil Gaiman. I love everything of Neil's that I have read but Neverwhere and the short story Snow, Glass, Apples remain my favourites.
 - Allens Red Frogs. (Allens call them frogs alive now, but I just know them as red frogs. The Allens ones are much better than any other brand of jelly frogs I've ever had)
 - Ravelry.
 - Namaste 'Oh Snap!' Pouches. - these make it so much easier to wrangle my knitting projects.
 - KnitPicks/KnitPro Options/Nova and Harmony/Symfonie interchangeable needles. - I love the sharp points on these needles and usually only switch to something else when I can't find them (it's not that I'm clumsy and forgetful, I'm sure some of these needle tips have run away to join the circus or something) or when I need 30cm circulars for narrow tubes.
 - perfect Spring days when it's a comfy temperature to wear jeans and a t-shirt and walk barefoot on the grass. 

Today's one of those days. Such a pity I have to be inside, working!

No comments:

Post a Comment