Thursday, September 3, 2009

Is this ever going to end?

I started seaming up the cabled cardy last night. I love how the instructions just say "Join shoulders , sew side and sleeve seams" like it's quick and easy. Ha! As if!

Don't get me wrong, I love mattress stitch. I think it's one of those magic things in knitting, up there with the way lace reveals itself after blocking.  A few stitches back and forth, pull the thread taut and your two pieces of knitting zip up together so that from the right side you can't even see where the seam is. Ta Da!

But somewhere after the 7 gazillionth little mattress stitch, I found myself thinking that I really really wished I was descended from Pygmies. You know, so I would be small and by extension, my jumpers would be small. I'm sure there are some limitations to being a Pygmy, like not being able to reach the high shelves in the supermarket, or the pedals in the car, and having to knit your jumpers from kids patterns (hey, this argument is sounding less sensible as I go on!) but you'd have to do less seaming. Surely that would be a good thing, right?

I didn't go to bed until midnight, but at least I got enough done to see that the sleeves aren't too narrow....or at least that one of the sleeves is not too narrow, and that one side of the cardy fits me. Only one and a half side seams, a whole sleeve and a collar to sew on. *sigh*

No photos. No-one needs to see photos of this kind of misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment