Thursday, February 22, 2007

We've got to get out of this place.....

Turned out I hadn't gotten rid of that nasty chest cold and it came back to bite me on Monday morning. The boss sent me home, and I ended up having to stay at home on Tuesday as well. I hate being sick at all, but if I have to stay home then I'd prefer that it knocked me out so I slept all day. This cold wasn't like that - in fact I couldn't sleep during the day no matter how much I tried, but I got breathless and exhausted when I sat up for too long. I ended up spending all day on the lounge going slowly round the twist with boredom. I knitted a bit and watched some bad tv, but there's only so much Dr Phil a girl can handle.

I did quite a lot of thinking, too. A lot of you will know that my job has been an issue for a while. The role was never what I was expecting when I took it on, and it's changed since then, so that now there's not much about the responsibilities that I enjoy, and it's a really really high pressure role with more and more being heaped on me every day. I've ended up with too much on the plate to do a good job, which has added to my stress, which has made things worse and I've just got myself into a nasty hole. I've tried really hard, but not made much of an improvement, and now I'm scared of going to work because I don't know what I'm going to get wrong next. I'm pretty sure the stress is contributing to making me sick physically as well as mentally. So it's time to get out, I think.

I told the boss of my intention to find a new job on Wednesday and immediately felt a whole lot better. I went out afterwards and had the first meal I'd been able to eat in days. I still have to find that new job but for the first time in ages it feels like there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

So all I've got to do now is finish working on the resume, have a good hard think about what sort of job I'd really like, get the resume off to recruitment agents, look at Suncorp for an alternate role and go out and get that job.

Either that or win Powerball. Hmmmmm. Now there's a thought..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment