Sunday, February 11, 2007

Aaah. Gotta love the weekend

My sister, her husband and the most gorgeous little girl in the universe visited yesterday and stayed overnight. We had lunch, chatted, made chocolate brownies, played around in the spa, had takeaway Thai for dinner and watched a movie. Very relaxing. Except maybe for Dax, although he doesn't actually look too fussed here....



"No, sweetie, Dax is not a horsey!"

They're up from Sydney for a week, partly to visit us, but mostly to go to the Cleveland Auto Spectacular. Unfortunately they got all the way out to Cleveland this morning to find that they had resurfaced the field the car show was meant to be held on, and the show had to be postponed until April. In the end they decided to go to the Motor Show instead, and got there just after we'd left! :(


We'd spent a couple of hours at the Motor show, looking at all the shiny brand new cars. I had a good look at what's available in the small runaround 4/5 door hatch or small sedan market to find a car I would like once I have my drivers licence. (I'll get my L's in the next two weeks, G,  I promise!). Out of everything in that space, I liked the Honda Jazz the best - cute, comfy, good space, good headroom, while a lot of the other cars made me almost bang my head on the ceiling when I moved (and I'm only 172cm tall!).

Overall, the standouts were:

Best car for me: Honda Jazz
Best Looking car: Mazerati Gransport
Cars we really liked but can't afford: Alfa Spider, Nissan 350Z, Mazda MX-5
Most ridiculously overpriced item: $11.50 for a pie, chips and a drink!




On the knitting front, I've almost finished The Boy's Wee Willy Winky jumper, which I originally intended for him to be able to wear on our ski trip last August. I've just realised that since I started the jumper on my first day of interviews for my current job, I've got one more day to finish it in exactly 1 year. Wow.

I've got the jumper body all sewn up and I'm working on getting the collar all sewn in. I'm struggling with getting the collar sewn in neatly and wish I'd listened to the little voice which said "you should really be using short rows" when I was doing all the stepped cast-offs, but I can't be bothered going back now. I'll know better next time I do something like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment