Saturday, January 26, 2008

A Lady of Leisure

The Man left for Niseko yesterday. I went with him to the airport, jammed into the back of the taxi with his box of skis resting across my lap, and kissed him goodbye at the "Passengers only beyond this point" sign. Jal offerred a nice little tool that allowed me to look at a little image of a plane on a map representing the last position report of his flight for his international flight so I was able to check that a couple of times during the day. His flights were all more or less on time so I hope he was actually on them. If all went well he would have arrived at his accommodation at 12.30am Niseko time (1.30am here in Brissy) and would have bunked in for not much sleep before brekky, finding his way around and getting to his lesson at 10am.


So, with The Boy still in Adelaide with Lalla, Lisa, Andrew, Holly-doggy and the chickens (he told me on the phone the other day that "the chookies lay their eggs every day"), I am a lady of leisure this weekend. To enhance the effect, I've taken Tuesday off from work, and due to data network changes at work this weekend, I'm not even able to log in from home to do any work. Gee. Looks like I will be forced to relax. Bummer, huh?



Last night I curled up on the lounge with my knitting and the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and worked on my Chicknits Eyelet Cardi, which I started on Thursday night.

Here's the little nook I set up for myself


I'm very happy with the Eyelet Cardi so far. I've got heaps done on it, which is mostly due to knitting in a taxi, knitting while waiting (aaages) for the Airtrain back to the city, and a whole evening knitting in front of a movie last night. It's in Jo Sharp DK wool in Oak, which I got on eBay last year for $34. I didn't know what I was going to knit with only 10 balls, but this should just scrape in!


And no, I haven't finished PeaceBaby, but I'm up to the i-cord edging around the neckline. I decided to knit it on rather than knit it and sew on later, and it's going quite well. Well, except for the fact that I started the wrong way and I have to pull it all out and start again, but I'm getting the hang of it.

So I'm about to head off to start the weekend. The plan?
Today: Head into the city to do some shopping, then back to Paddington to get my haircut, lunch in Paddington and then probably home to do some washing and knitting. This evening I'm going to see Sweeney Todd with a friend.
Tomorrow: Visit the Andy Warhol exhibit at the Gallery of Modern Art
Monday: don't know yet, I'll think of something.
Tuesday: Doctor's appointment, going to Medicare to cash in the millions of Doctor's receipts I've collcted over the last year. Maybe some more shopping with all my hard-won Medicare refund money.
Wednesday: Back to work but let's not think about that yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment