Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Scatterbrained

My head has been all over the place in the last week. I've been down, after a few too many restless nights up with a sick boy while the Man was overseas, up with my Knitting Olympics competition win, down with some challenges at work, and up with some important things finally going right at work. The Man arrived back yesterday after ten days away, so things should get back to normal soon, but I'm still a bit scatterbrained. My knitting, or more correctly fibrecraft, has probably reflected my state of mind. In the last week I have:

-done a few rows on Margot's remaining sleeve:
Margot's sleeve

-worked on the Ribbon-tied wool vest for my Sister's baby who is due in early May
Ribbon-Tied Wool Vest

-continued slowly on the Knitting Olympics Cardi
Knitting Olympics Cardi

-spun some yarn
What is this, a singles bar?

-and worked on a garden.
I beg your pardon, I never knitted you a rose garden
These are knitted, crocheted, french-knitted and finger-knitted flowers, leaves, gumnuts and vines for a secret project.

My crochet is still clumsy, unskilled and inexact, but I'm enjoying making these flowers. There's no pattern, I'm making them up as I go along, which seems to fit in well with my scattered thinking right now.

Hopefully somewhere in all this muddle I can find an even keel.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you can get so much done even with the boy and the job and the other obstacles the universe through at you! Can't wait to see what the secret project with the flowers is!

    ReplyDelete