Thursday, March 11, 2010

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it.

There are a few people and things I get all fangirl about - David Tennant, Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, Firefly, and Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, the Yarn Harlot

Regular readers will know that I recently entered the Knitting Olympics and failed to complete my cardigan despite a gallant effort (if I do say so myself). 

Stephanie recently ran a competition for Knitting Olympics entrants, whether they had taken the gold (finished their project) or not, and I entered along with about 2000 other people. 

Imagine my utter amazement to discover an email from Stephanie in my inbox this morning telling me that I'd won a prize. And my stunned mullet expression when I went to her blog and realised that not only was it a prize, but it was first prize, a gorgeous skein of cashmere by Handmaiden and a signed copy of her book Free-Range Knitter: The Yarn Harlot Writes Again

And here is the fangirl bit - I got mentioned on her blog! I feel like I'm famous. If you're interested, my prize and the other winners are mentioned here.(Oh, and if you've got here by following the link from Stephanie's blog, welcome! I hope you enjoy your visit.)

It's more exciting than the day I received a tweet from Neil Gaiman!

8 comments:

  1. If I got a tweet from Neil Gaiman I would die. I'm sure of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Congratulations :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your gold prize!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!!! What a wonderful surprise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky Lucky! You are SO famous now ;D Hope you enjoy the book and the cashmere...

    [wanders off feeling jealous, but still humming Advance Australia Fair]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, congrats! I didn't manage to finish my top down cardi either due to sore hands and wrists from too much knitting :{ but I've just finished the body and will start a sleeve today. How lovely that you won; I'd probably faint.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel the same way about Stephanie. She responded to one of my comments (on her blog) once and I was so excited!!! Enjoy your prize.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading Stephanie too & am sad I won't be in Detroit (my home town) because I live in the Bay Area. But I will be knitting! Congratulations on your prize and having, as they say on the American radio show "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me", Stephanie on your home answering machine.

    ReplyDelete