Thursday, August 20, 2009

Giving in to temptation.

I didn't get to wash and block the cabled cardy pieces. Various other things have gotten in the way over the last few days and since the Man is now at the snow until Sunday, the Boy and I will need to occupy each other, which will mean I won't get much time to spend with the wool and the baby bathtub. That's okay - the cardy pieces aren't going anywhere and it took so long to get this far that an extra week won't matter so much.

What I did do was cast on for the February Lady. It's late in the evening now and I should be getting to bed so I won't be taking the camera out to get photos but I should get some in the next few days. I'm powering thorough it and have just finished the last raglan row before the eyelet increase row. I'm not so happy with my buttonholes but they look okay from the right side so they're staying that way. If I make another Lady she might have press-studs and no buttonholes! (or just buttons and no holes since I rarely button up my cardies anyway).

The other thing that's happened is that I've discovered David Reidy's Sticks and String podcast. I think I was aware of his blog before I moved up from Sydney, back when I nearly made it in to the Sydney Sity Klickers group many times but was too scared to turn up in case my knitting wasn't good enough. (I think it was more that it was in the first year after Doug died when I was worried that I wasn't good enough, but there you go.)

Anyway, I've got a lot to catch up on. The latest podcast on David's site is number 112 and I'm currently listening to number 19. It's nice to hear an Aussie's point of view and it's certainly making the bus trips seem shorter and easier to handle!

No comments:

Post a Comment